Sunday, August 7, 2011

Love It Or Ditch It- Collective Review/Haul (July2011)

ELF had a great sale that gave me the chance to try a bunch of things that I've wanted for a long time now & can't get locally. Unfortunately every product I got really let me down & most I really hated.  I did get to try out some other new products that really surprised me with how great they were though.
Please don't forget to vote for your favorite look on my upcoming series of Comic Book Babe makeup looks. I am really excited to start doing these soon.


Products:
(all ELF was 60% off)
ELF Lip Stain in First Date- www.eyeslipsface.com $3
ELF Minty Lipgloss in New York City- www.eyeslipsface.com $3
ELF Matte Lip Color in Coral- www.eyeslipsface.com $3
ELF Mineral Face Primer- www.eyeslipsface.com $6
ELF Eye Primer & Liner Sealer- www.eyeslipsface.com $3 (I did try this again using the tiniest amount & blending it out with a concealer brush. The creasing wasn't nearly as bad but, was still there. It also made my shadow really hard to blend)
ELF Conditioning Lip Balm in Peaceful Pink- www.eyeslipsface.com $3
ELF Pressed Powder in Porcelain- www.eyeslipsface.com $3
Kleancolor Plum & Shine Gloss in Sweet Heart & Sandstone- Asian Boutique $1 (on sale, $4 reg)
Ulta Single Eyeshadows in Twilight, Luna, Mosaic, Turquoise, Sapphire- Ulta $2 (on sale, $7 reg)
Loreal HIP Pigment in Fiery- Walgreens $4 (on clearance)
NYC In A New York Minute Nail Polish in Lincoln Square Lavender, Wall Street, Sidewalk, Midtown- Walmart $ 2
High Definition Ultimate Face Set brushes- Walmart $12
Jessie's Girl Baked Powder Eyeshadow Collection- Rite Aid $7
Wet & Wild Color Icon Palettes in Petal Pusher & Blue Had Me At Hello- Walgreens $ 5
Hard Candy Powder Keg in Kryptonite- Walmart $2 (on clearance)

One other thing that I gave a try this month was Splat hair dye. I was in a pinch & every Ulta Was sold out of my color in Punky. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the dye took to my grown out roots (something Punky doesn't do) & that it was pretty vibrant. It did bleed like crazy though. Also, when I bleached out my hair to redye it, the dye only lifted to a baby pink & defiantly toned my Purple Punky to more of a pink based fuschia. I think that it is a bit over priced at $11 & would highly suggest not using the bleach that comes with it (did that once a long time ago & it destroyed my hair) but, it worked great in a pinch when I had to refresh my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment